Pondathon II is a year-long gardening-themed readathon hosted by The Quiet Pond! Help us restore the forest by reading to earn plants and decorate your own garden. For more information about Pondathon, read our Readathon Information Post or check out our Pondathon II Portal.
After reading to some flowers with Xiaolong – and you can’t help but notice the flowers growing a little faster, their petals a little brighter – you decide to see how Gen is doing. As usual, you find Gen in his garden patch, quietly working away.
“Hi friend,” Gen greets with a smile that’s bigger than usual. “I’m so happy that we’re doing some gardening as a family. I love gardening and it is nice that everyone is doing something that I love… and everyone is asking me for my advice!”
Gen beams. He is often the quiet one at the Pond, but you do notice that gardening and plants bring out a sparkle in his eye, a bounce in his step.
“Anyway friend, would you like to stay with me for awhile? I’m planting these saplings and it’d be nice to do it with a friend.”
Why, that sounds like a lovely idea, and a nice way to spend your day.
You’ve received a quest!
Gen is happier than ever with everyone working together like one big family. Keeping him company while he plants these saplings will make him even happier!
Quest expires on:
19th February 2022, 8:00PM NZT. [?] This quest is now over.
- Read a book by a Black author for Black History Month.
- This quest is repeatable. (Repeating this quest is optional.)
- Those who complete the quest may choose their quest reward. However, colours of the reward are random.
- Bonus: Read at least three books by Black authors during the quest period to earn the Sleepy Sapling badge for your character card!
- Secret Achievement: Read a book by a Black author with one of the following themes: friendship, family, community, nature.
Available Quest Rewards:
1. Park bench (1 design, 9 colours available)
2. Deck table (2 designs, 9 colours available)
3. Sunflower (1 design, 1 colour)