Pondathon II is a year-long gardening-themed readathon hosted by The Quiet Pond! Help us restore the forest by reading to earn plants and decorate your own garden. For more information about Pondathon, read our Readathon Information Post or check out our Pondathon II Portal.
Brushing the dirt from your knees, you wave goodbye to Cuddle after a hard day’s work of ploughing the land.
You see Sprout sitting on their stump, their verdant sprout atop their head wobbling – they must be communing and listening to the trees.
“Good morning, friend,” Sprout says, despite your attempt to approach silently. “The forest tells me that you’ve been hard at work helping us restore the forest.” They pause, their sprout bobbing again. “And that the forest is thankful for you.”
You ask Sprout whether there’s anything that they need help with.
“Yes,” they say, spreading their wings and taking flight, setting themself on your shoulder. “Many trees were destroyed. The trees here are old – older than what we can comprehend – but it’s time to plant young trees.”
“What do you say? Shall we plant some new trees together?”
You’ve received a quest!
It sounds like helping Cuddle will be hard work… but if we take care of the earth, it’ll take care of us in turn. And, at least we will be able to reap our rewards soon. Vegetable soup, friends?
Quest expires on: 2nd April 2022, 8:00PM NZT. [?]
To complete this quest and receive the quest reward, complete the following objective(s):
- Read a book that explores themes of disability and/or is about a disabled character (includes: physical, mental, and/or invisible disabilities, mental illness, neurodivergent and autistic, deaf/Deaf).
- This quest is repeatable. (Repeating this quest is optional.)
- Those who complete the quest may choose their quest reward. However, colours of the reward are random.
- Bonus: Read a book by a disabled author to earn the Treemendous Love badge for your character card!
- Secret Achievement: Read at least two books by a disabled author.
Available Quest Rewards:
1. Pine tree (3 designs, 3 colours available)
2. Maple tree (3 designs, 3 colours available)
3. Fruit blossom tree (3 designs, 3 colours available)
4. Ginkgo tree (3 designs, 3 colours available)
One thought on “Pondathon II: New Side Quest! Plant Some New Trees with Sprout!”
These are such gorgeous designs!